Monday, August 24, 2009

Purr-fect Kitty Poledancer

My love for Purple Lab NYC's "Huge Lips, Skinny Hips" began with two shades - Kitty Poledancer and Worship Kate. Kitty Poledancer is a natural soft nude and Worship Kate is the yummiest shade of berry shimmer. Much more than the gorgeous color and amazing gloss, one reason I adore this brand so much is that every package of "Huge Lips, Skinny Hips" comes with a love note inside. The note describes how Fabulous Fashionista and Purple Lab NYC Creatrix Karen Robinovitz was inspired to name each shade. Within the Kitty Poledancer love note, I found out that Kitty Poledancer was a nickname that Karen got after taking her empowering S-Factor pole dancing classes. I love S-Factor. The sanctuary where the shared love of movement and femininity combine to enhance and enrich women (sorry, no men allowed) with power and grace that carries them through their lives. The classes are filled with beautiful, strong women who are as much athletes as they are dancers.

"Huge Lips, Skinny Hips" was coming out of my mouth as much as it was on my pout. I loved this multi-tasking lip gloss line so much that I was talking about it to anyone that would listen - the check out girl at Target and the lady at my dry cleaners - all about the lemon peel and meadowfoam. I was singing the praises of the lip plumper with Hoodia to my friends - both kinds, actual and virtual. That's when I found out that Purple Lab NYC had teamed with Brickfish to create the "Kiss and Tell Your Huge Lips, Skinny Hips I.D." contest.
Right away, I wanted to win the incredible dream fashionista trip to New York. To win I had to enter. (Not knowing at the time, that I was going to enter the contest for every shade.) I felt my entry had to be fresh and innovative like Purple Lab itself.

Instantly, the vision of my Kitty Poledancer entry in the Kiss and Tell Your Huge Lips, Skinny Hips I.D. came to me. My entry would be a picture of my cat wearing his sunnies. My picture for Kitty Poledancer was purr-fect! In it my cat, Bernie Williams (named for the coolest NY Yankee player ever!), was lounging with his blue sunglasses on, it was simple yet bold and cool. The blue sunglasses popped against his grey and white fur in the picture and it conveyed everything I had hoped for. I love Kitty Poledancer because wearing the lip gloss turns me into a beautiful sex kitten. The aisles of the supermarket became a catwalk, I strutted while shopping for soy milk and strawberries. Wearing Kitty Poledancer from Purple Lab NYC "Huge Lips. Skinny Hips" is fun. I feel bold and sexy like a cat who wears shades.

Now, I'll stop talking about my Kitty Poledancer entry in the Purple Lab NYC & Brickfish "Kiss and Tell Your Huge Lips, Skinny Hips I.D." and let you judge for yourself. Click the link. Please vote and review.

Brickfish Social Media: Purr-fect Kitty

Shared via AddThis

No comments: