Thursday, August 13, 2009

My RED SOLE Story!

This is my RED SOLE story: The Red Sole entry (click the link below to cast your vote!) for the "Kiss & Tell Your Huge Lips, Skinny Hips I.D." contest from Purple Lab NYC & Brickfish is actually my third submission. (I have--at least--one entry for every shade in the contest). I had the idea for it first but waited for the right circumstances (lighting and a photog) and logistics to make it all come together. In case, you are wondering Kitty Poledancer & Love Your Thighs were the shades that I created, produced and submitted entries before RED SOLE hit the Brickfish ViralMap and i will tell you about those entries soon.

RED SOLE is typed in all CAPS as an homage to Christian Louboutin, the shoe designer famous for his red soles, who inspired Purple Lab NYC Creatrix Karen Robinovitz to name her knock 'em dead-perfect shade of red RED SOLE. When I put RED SOLE on my lips, whether with a quick wisp or if I layer it on with three coats, the color is always perfect--sometimes it is just more so. The color red usually implies heat, passion and fire. Purple Lab NYC's RED SOLE shade of Huge Lips, Skinny Hips is a combination of all of these things and more--it's a lip plumper that helps curb hunger. My passion for RED SOLE runs deep.


In thinking about how I was going to portray the way I love RED SOLE, I knew I wanted a close -up shot of my face that focused on my bold bodacious pout. I knew that I would wear sunglasses and not be smiling--all the best models never smile. I knew that my RED SOLE entry had to be more than just another non-smiling, sunglass-wearing, spotlight-on-the-pout picture. There needed to be an X-Factor (apologies to the S-Factor who inspired Kitty Poledancer, but that will be in the next blog) in the photo. The lighting was my "light bulb" moment--it simply had to reflect the power and strength that I feel when I wear RED SOLE. I love the natural light that beams into my dining room when the midday sun is overhead. The venetian blinds of the skylight even create a cool, striped shadow. I now had to wait for the midday shadow and my husband to be in the room at the same time--which I did. After a few test shots, checking angles and location of the striped shadow, Steve (my husband) said he had it. No way! The shoot was too easy! Yet, after checking the back of my digital camera, I saw that he was right. Captured in a moment of good lighting, a not bad angle, the sunlight hits my face just right as if I was shot by Bruce Weber. There I was: a sunglass-wearing, non-smiling, Huge Lips, Skinny Hips model. Who knew that an ordinary woman could become a model with a little lip gloss? Purple Lab NYC, that's who!

Here is my Kiss & Tell contest entry for RED SOLE, please click to vote.

Brickfish Social Media: Bold Bright & Bodacious

Shared via AddThis

No comments: